Publix is my happy place.
When I was a kid, I lived for those free cookies. Sometimes an employee would even tie a balloon to my wrist, and it would make my day. Today, I live for Pub Subs. And the BOGO deals. And the rotisserie chicken. And the employees, who are still so genuinely nice.
You get the point: I’m a Publix patriot.
But I’m also a fan of saving money, so in addition to using digital coupons through the Publix app and capitalizing on those awesome BOGO deals, I also use Ibotta, a free app that pays you to shop.
Call Publix Your Second Home? Here’s Our Favorite Way to Save
Listen. I have no patience for complicated apps. Or for anything that’s going to take me more than five minutes to figure out. Let me tell you: Ibotta is super easy to use.
Here’s how it works: Before heading to the store, search for items on your shopping list within the Ibotta app. When you get home, snap a photo of your receipt, and scan the items’ barcodes.
Bam. Cash back.
And if you have a Publix account? Earning cash back is even easier. Just connect your Publix account to Ibotta, add offers to your queue and earn automatically. You don’t even have to fiddle with barcodes and receipts.
How to Earn $30+ Next Time You Shop at Publix
If you haven’t yet discovered the joys of Ibotta, don’t worry. It’s offering new users a $20 sign-up bonus when you redeem 10 offers within the first 14 days of downloading the app. (Ugh, I’m jealous.)
No. We’re not encouraging unnecessary spending to earn that $20 bonus, but Ibotta has so many cash-back deals that, chances are, you’ll be able to easily stock up on your go-to essentials to earn that bonus.
Here are 10 offers available right now that we’re into:
- 50 cents back on Ragu Simply Pasta Sauce (because it keeps well in the pantry and who doesn’t love throwing together a last-minute pasta dish during the week?)
- 50 cents back on Fage Total Split Cup (claim this offer up to three times per receipt on any flavor)
- $1 back on Rainier Fruit Company Pink Lady apples (1 pound bag or larger; an apple a day…)
- $2 back on Secret aluminum-free deodorant (because you always run out of deodorant at the most inopportune time)
- 75 cents back on a 30-ounce jar of Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise (or, because Ibotta knows this is a highly personal preference, you can also get 70 cents back on Duke’s or 85 cents back on Miracle Whip)
- $2.25 back on a Perfect Bar (which makes it free after purchase, so why not try a new snack?)
- 50 cents back on Pacific Foods organic broth and stock (another pantry essential)
- $1 back on any three Lean Cuisines (that’s three days of lunch)
- 75 cents back on Cottonelle toilet paper (another one of those items you always run out of at the most inopportune time…)
- $2 back on a 6-pack of Lagunitas, any variety (because you deserve it)
Just by stocking up on some of these staples, you’ll get $11.25 in cash back and claim that $20 bonus, which means you just earned an easy $31.25 to go toward your next Publix run.
If you really want to get savvy? Stack your Ibotta cash-back deals with Publix’s weekly ad offers and digital coupons to save even more money.
Oh, and Ibotta has a ton of “any brand” deals, which we love. For example, you can earn 25 cents back on any brand of chocolate bar, any brand of baby food or any brand of frozen chicken. Unfortunately, those offers won’t go toward qualifying for the bonus — but you’ll still get paid!
To claim your $20 bonus, sign up with Ibotta, peruse the cash-back deals and make your grocery list for tonight’s Publix run.
Because you know it’s inevitable.
Carson Kohler (email@example.com) is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. When she moved out of the South for school, she had a hard time coping without Publix.
This was originally published on The Penny Hoarder, which helps millions of readers worldwide earn and save money by sharing unique job opportunities, personal stories, freebies and more. The Inc. 5000 ranked The Penny Hoarder as the fastest-growing private media company in the U.S. in 2017.